Canada is one of the most popular countries for immigration. With its impressive sights, multicultural society, a thriving economy, and vast job opportunities, it is easy to say that this country offers a high quality of life, and deciding to settle in this place is good for you and your loved ones.
If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident who is interested in sponsoring your parents or grandparents, then this guide is for you. Read our guide below to learn more about the best way to enter Canada for your parents and grandparents.
What is the application process for parent and grandparent sponsorship?
To enhance the application process for parent and grandparent sponsorship, the Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship (IRCC) announced that they are implementing a first-in, first-served basis. This means that only the first 20,000 sponsors to complete the Interest to Sponsor form will receive invitations to apply to the sponsorship program.
Therefore, if you wish to sponsor your parents or grandparents, then you need to fill out and submit the online interest form as early as possible. Keep in mind that the form is available at the start of the year and only for a limited time. If you have been chosen, you will then receive a confirmation number and an invitation to submit your completed application. To have a hassle-free application process, you can turn to a reputable immigration agency for advice and assistance.
What are the sponsor qualifications?
To qualify for the parent and grandparent sponsorship program, here are the criteria you need to meet to be eligible to sponsor:
- You must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
- You must be a person registered in Canada as an Indian, 18 years of age, and living in Canada.
- You must not be subject to a removal order, or be in prison, jail, or a penitentiary.
- You must not be a recipient of social assistance, except when you have a disability.
- You must have no outstanding sponsorship undertakings, immigration debts, court order debts, or undischarged bankruptcies.
- You must meet certain income requirements.
Who can apply for the sponsorship program as a member of the family class?
The following individuals can be applied for the sponsorship program as a member of the family class. They should meet all eligibility requirements and pass background checks.
- Your parents or grandparents who are related to you by blood or adoption.
- The spouses of your parents or grandparents who are not related to you by blood.
- The qualified dependent children of your parents or grandparents.
What are the benefits of being a sponsored individual?
Once your parents and grandparents are successfully sponsored, they become permanent residents of Canada. Therefore, they will enjoy all the benefits that come with being a Canadian resident, such as the right to reside and work in the country, access to public health care, and more.
Through the sponsorship program, Canadian citizens and permanent residents are allowed to sponsor their parents or grandparents. This lets your loved ones experience and enjoy the perks of being a Canadian citizen or resident. However, you and your parents or grandparents must first meet specific requirements, including passing medical examinations and background checks. To make your application process quick and easy, don’t hesitate to reach out to reliable immigration consultants.
If you’re looking for professional help for the best way to immigrate to Canada, please contact us at email@example.com or call 1-888-404-8472.