The hardest part of a migration is bidding your family goodbye. Despite their persistence and the opportunity to discover a brand-new career path abroad, nothing hits harder than having to miss out on Sunday lunches and movie nights with your parents and siblings. However, separation from your loved ones doesn’t have to last forever. Through the right Toronto immigration services, you can obtain a Family Sponsorship Visa and relocate every member.
What Expectations Do You Have to Meet?
To migrate your family, you must meet the following requirements.
- You must be a Canadian citizen or registered as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act.
- You must be a permanent resident in Canada.
- As a sponsor, you must discuss your responsibilities in adherence to the Immigration and Refugee Council of Canada (IRCC) to ensure that you can financially support each family member and provide housing, food, shelter, clothing, and other necessities.
To be eligible for sponsorship, each of your family members must:
- Not require social assistance.
- Be admissible into Canada, which requires that they present a police clearance certificate and medical examination results.
- Hold a valid passport.
How a Family Sponsorship Visa Works
To become a sponsor, you must apply to the IRCC, providing proof of income and how you intend to support your loved ones upon entry. You can only support family members between 3 and 20 years. Additionally, family members must indicate how they plan to support themselves eventually. You must also list dependent children on your application and provide the necessary documentation.
You’ll then have to pay an application and biometrics fee, providing your biometrics in person. Submit each members’ police certificate and medical exam documentation along with your application.
After submission, you’ll receive a letter and application number from the IRCC, which you can use to open up an online account with your sponsorship progress. Upon approval, each family member will receive a certificate of permanent residency (COPR) and permanent resident visa on their passports. They can then travel to Canada.
Do You Qualify to Become a Sponsor?
Typically, you’ll only be allowed to sponsor your children, siblings, parents, and spouse. If you’re planning to support extended family members, you’ll have to prove that:
- They have no other means of sponsorship.
- They do not have other family members who are registered Indians of Canada, Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- They are related to you by blood or adoption.
When sponsoring several family members for immigration, the process can become overwhelming and all too easy to mishandle. With the help of Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC) and secondary immigration experts, you can streamline the process and achieve your goals more quickly.
With our immigration consultants at Bright Immigration, you can quickly improve your application’s weaknesses, gather the necessary documents, and prep your family members for interviews. Reuniting with your family shouldn’t have to be complicated.
If you’re looking for professional help from a trusted firm, please contact us at email@example.com or call 1-888-404-8472.