Welcome to the second part of our post about Canada’s new permanent residence immigration programs for international students and essential workers. In our previous post, we discussed the certain qualifications you need to meet. Now, we will dive deeper into it to ensure you are equipped with the right information to help you through the immigration process.
How Do You Know If You’re an Essential Worker?
Essential workers eligible for the program need to have at least a year of Canadian work experience in the last three years in one of the targeted occupations. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) have identified 100 occupations that are considered essential, and a few of them will be discussed in this post.
For one, a healthcare worker is considered an essential occupation in the country. If you’re a healthcare worker, you need to have at least one year of Canadian work experience in the last three years in the following occupations:
- Nursing coordinators and supervisors
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- Specialist physicians
- General practitioners and family physicians
- Allied primary health practitioners
- Other professional applications in health diagnosing and treating
- Audiologists & speech-language pathologists
- Dietitians and nutritionists
- Occupational therapists
- Medical laboratory technologists
- Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants
- Medical radiation technologists
- Medical sonographers
- Licensed practical nurses
- Practitioners of natural healing
- Massage therapists
- And many more
Other essential worker categories are:
- First responders
- Energy and utility
- Information and communication technology
- Workers essential to the supply of critical goods
How Can You Apply?
You need to fix the documents you need first, such s:
- Completed application forms
- Civil status documents
- Proof of language proficiency
- Work reference letters from a Canadian employer
- Passport copy
- Copy of education credential and transcripts of Canadian education
- Copies of all Canadian immigration permits
- Police clearances
- Medical examination results
- Digital photo
Keep in mind: supporting documents may be asked from you to help assess whether you meet the conditions of the public policies at the time of application.
If you are qualified and have sorted out all the necessary documents, you need to submit your application online.
What About Settlement Funds?
The new Canadian immigration program doesn’t require applicants to settle funds when applying under one of these new programs. However, applicants need to pay the processing fee when they submit their applications. Simply, for every application you submit, a processing fee must be paid. That means, if you have other family members who are applying under the new program, you will need to pay the processing fee for each application submitted.
The new program allows existing essential workers and international students to get their permanent residence visa. If you think you meet the qualifications, then it’s a good idea to consider submitting an application.
Now that you know more about the new program in Canada for essential workers and international students, there’s more to know that we’ll discuss in the third and final part of this post. For inquiries, you may reach out to a Canada immigration expert based inToronto, ON.
If you’re looking for professional help from a trusted firm, please contact us at email@example.com or call 1-888-404-8472.