Have you always wanted to work or live in Canada? Are you an international student, essential worker, or French speaker in Canada who is holding a temporary visa? If you are wondering about applying for permanent residence in Canada, you’re in luck. Canada is inviting 90,000 immigrants to become permanent Canadian permanent residents.
The country launched new immigration programs to help temporary foreign workers and international students become permanent residents. Announced on April 14, the programs allow students and workers can use the six new healthcare and graduate programs to become permanent residents. To know more about how you can make the most of this opportunity, read the article below:
The Reason Why Canada Is Offering The Program
Immigrants are important to Canada because they fill in the gaps for labour shortages and help the country’s growth force. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has shown a decline in immigrants between July 1, 2019, and June 30, 2020. Their goal was to have approximately 341,000 immigrants, but there were only 284,387 people immigrating to Canada.
Additionally, Canada currently faces an ageing population wherein there are three people of working age for every senior. This means the cost to continue public services will be higher. That’s why Canada needs more immigrants.
6 New Immigration Programs
These immigration programs are only available for individuals who are already working in Canada. There are also a limited number of individuals to take part in this opportunity. For one, only 40,000 applications for international students who graduated from a Canadian educational institution can apply. Then, 20,000 applications for temporary workers in health care and 30,000 applications for temporary workers in other selected essential occupations.
These are the six programs:
- Permanent Residence pathway for international student graduates;
- Permanent Residence pathway for essential workers in healthcare;
- Permanent Residence pathway for essential workers in other occupations;
- Permanent Residence pathway for French-speaking international student graduates;
- Permanent Residence pathway for French-speaking essential workers in healthcare;
- Permanent Residence pathway for French-speaking essential workers in other occupations.
These programs will remain open until November 5, 2021, or until they have reached the limit.
These are the requirements for you to be eligible in the program:
- You must be an international student that has graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution within the last four years.
- You are a temporary worker who has at least one year of work experience in the Canadian healthcare sector or other essential occupations.
- You must be competent in one of the official Canadian languages.
- You must meet all the general requirements and legally work in Canada at the time of submission.
Do take note that you are not eligible if you are residing in Quebec.
What They Aim To Achieve:
Through these programs, they aim to encourage international graduates and temporary workers to live permanently in Canada. It gives a chance for temporary Canadian residents to become permanent residents and increases immigration. Lastly, international students are given an opportunity to work in the country they have graduated from and improve their professional careers.
Canada is offering this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for many temporary workers and international residents living in Canada. May this information help you apply for residency, and may it help you live a better life. Do research more on the details before sending your application.
Having an immigration agency to guide you in the application process is extremely helpful. Bright Immigration can offer outstanding services to you. Our representatives are recognized by the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council and Law Society of Upper Canada, and you are assured that you are well represented and protected when you choose Bright.
If you’re looking for professional help from a trusted firm, please contact us at email@example.com or call 1-888-404-8472.