Canada has a wealth of destination gems worth visiting. But for would-be immigrants looking for the perfect place to start a new life, British Columbia takes the cake as one of the most colourful provinces perfect for settling down. It’s a large, diverse city surrounding the skyscraping landscape with a sparkling, Pacific coastline and lush mountainsides.
People worldwide who strive to make a home in British Columbia can achieve their dream relatively quickly compared to other immigration processes since Canada offers three programs: Express Entry, the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program, or applying to study in British Columbia.
This article will focus on what it takes to apply using the Express Entry System — read on!
Using Express Entry to Successfully Immigrate to British Columbia, Vancouver in 2021
Canada’s most go-to immigration method offers three federal immigration programs to help immigrants achieve their permanent residency faster. It’s one of the simplest and quickest ways to kickstart your journey as a Canadian resident, allowing people from all walks of life to reach their goals within six months.
Canada is also issuing 105,500 invitations in 2021, so anyone interested in flying off to British Columbia for good can apply this year through the following programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
In either program types, the process generally takes on two paths:
- Expression of Interest – Whether you’re applying using the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, or Canadian Experience Class, you can express your interest in living in British Columbia by stating it in your Express Entry profile. If you have the right skills and experience, the province of British Columbia can nominate you for ITA.
- Provincial Nominee Express Entry System – You can directly contact the province and apply for a nomination using the Express Entry stream. This is the quickest way to do it, yielding results in as few as six months.
What Do You Need to Create an Online Profile for the Express Entry System?
Once you’ve determined that you meet the eligibility requirements for the programs mentioned above, you can move forward to completing your online profile, which you need to submit within 90 days of starting. Your profile will need the following information:
- Your passport or travel document;
- Education credential assessment report;
- Language test results;
- Certificate of qualification in a trade occupation issued by a Canadian province or territory (if you have one);
- Proof of work experience (if you have one);
- Provincial Nomination (if you have one)
Keep in mind that you’ll only receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from Canadian Immigration if you pass the Comprehensive Ranking System (CSR), a point-based system that scores applicants depending on various factors.
The highest possible score is 1,200 points, though there are plenty of ways to improve your score so you can try again for the next draw in case you don’t meet the ranking limit. With that in mind, you can work on boosting your CRS score by doing the following:
- Redo language test to improve your score
- Having a sibling in Canada
- Receive a job offer in Canada
- Earn another qualification
- Gain more work experience within your field
- Apply with your spouse
- Ensure a Provincial Nominee
The Bottom Line: Starting a New Life in British Columbia
Canada always leaves its doors open to immigrants, especially since the country thrives on a diverse culture. Applying through Canada’s Express Entry system is a tried-and-tested method that promises quicker results, making it one of the most straightforward immigration pathways.
If you find yourself struggling with the requirements associated with the Express Entry, remember that there are also other programs available that are worth reading up on so you can expand your options.
How Can Bright Immigration Simplify Your Move?
We’re an immigration agency in Toronto that can help you with your visa application for you to immigrate to Canada easily! If you’re looking for some professional help from a trusted firm please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-404-8472.