Permanent residency in another country soon can seem near impossible because of the global pandemic. Understandably, many potential immigrants have fears and worries about travel, and whether or not country borders will be open.
Canada’s long process is actually a blessing in disguise. Permanent residency can take 8 months to a year. Starting now with a trusted immigration agency means a high chance in completing the process by 2021.
Safe and Secure
The country’s response to Covid-19 has gotten praises. Their government-allocated budget for health care went to good use; they were able to establish the CERB (Canada Emergency Response Benefit), which ensured funds for individuals who lost jobs due to the virus. Even before the pandemic, they already had an efficient, functional universal healthcare system in place.
Their government not only has appropriate funding for healthcare; it looks into other aspects of their citizens’ well-being. In line with this, upon the onset of coronavirus, they issued a temporary salary increase for essential workers who earn an income of less than $2,500. Aid was also made available for the arts, culture, and sports industry through a $500-million emergency fund via Heritage Canada.
The multistep process is long, mostly because it gets quite involved. Let’s look at exactly what goes into obtaining permanent residency in Canada, using the Express Entry process. Note that there are other processes, but this is the most used one:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test results arrive 2 weeks from the date when the exam was taken.
- The Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from the WES (world education services) arrives in roughly 30 days.
- Submit Expression of Interest (EOI) and create an Express Entry profile, same day if possible.
- The Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score is the basis as to how long it will take before you get your invitation to apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residency. The higher the score, the sooner the ITA will be received. It’s possible to increase your CRS point score via provincial nomination. That equates to more time added to the process.
- IRCC (Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada) gives you 2 months to 60 days to submit your Canadian permanent residency visa application along with needed documents. Your immigration consultant will be able to guide you through both the application proper and the additional paperwork.
- IRCC usually processes applications received within a 6-month period.
- When your application is approved, you must then travel to Canada before it expires in 12 months. Note that the aforementioned 12-month period starts upon IRCC’s receipt of your approved medical certificate of fitness. So, your COPR’s expiry is tied to that of your medical certificate.
Canada is a safe, clean, secure environment for individuals and families alike to put down roots. No matter what part you go to, there is something for everyone. From the largest city, Toronto, all the way to the tiny city of Tilt Cove that has less than 10 residents, Canada is a great place to settle down in. The process may be tedious, but with a reliable immigration consultant in Toronto, ON by your side, you’re one step ahead of your plans of living in Canada.
If you’re looking for professional help from a trusted firm please contact us at info @brightimmigration.com or call 1-888-404-8472